vandervecken cybernetics (based in Wellington, New Zealand) collaborates with artists, musicians and engineers in pure research, installations, and performances.
CHIME RED, an advanced polyphonic Tesla coil synthesizer, is an ongoing research and performance project. CHIME RED makes Tesla coils uniquely musically expressive instruments – providing features such as dynamics, 16 note polyphony, and ADSR envelopes not available from other systems.
- Boat 2021 (live)
- Cubasonic 2021 (Video)
- RadioNZ interview with Kim Hill
- Unscheduled Sunrise (Kawaiicon 2019)
- Son Ionic (Goto80): C64 and Tesla coil
- B-Grade 2018
- Metal Biped 001 (2017)
- CHIME RED in D (video installation)
- 3 Tesla Coils, Robotic Drums and Bass
- PYRAMIDER: A Tesla Coil Demonstration with Sonic Performance
Academic publications and patents
- Improving the Musical Expressiveness of Tesla Coils with Software
- NICO: An Open-Source Interface, Bridging the Gap Between Musician and Tesla Coil
Open source software
- FAUCET SDN controller, arising from international network research with security and intelligence applications at multiterabit scale.
- Malaria, an Arduino audio multiprocessing library.
- Vessel, a high performance C64 MIDI interface
Complete list at Github.